Do you dream of permanent removal of annoying, dark hair from your hands, legs and other body parts? Your skin develops allergic reactions to cosmetics for home hair removal? If you want to find out whether laser hair removal is for you, go through the answers to the most frequent questions.
How to prepare yourself for laser hair removal?
To get prepared for laser hair removal you simply have to shave excessive hair you want to have removed just before the procedure.
To get the best effects and ensure safety during the procedure you should remember:
• not to take medications containing retinoid (therapy based on those compounds should be discontinued at least 6 months before first treatment session).
• refrain from plucking out the hair (with tweezers, electric device, wax or sugar paste) from the area on which laser hair removal is to be performed, for 4-8 weeks prior to the treatment, to ensure that the hair follicles are in good shape.
• refrain from tanning, using tanning creams for 2 – 4 weeks before the procedure.
• stop using creams and ointments containing: A and C vitamins, fruit acids and retinoid on the area on which the treatment will be performed for the period of 4 weeks before treatment session.
• refrain from consuming herbal teas and medications for the period of around 10 days before the procedure.
• Use moisturizing creams and other hydrating cosmetics at least for a week before the procedure, in order to make sure that during laser hair removal the skin is well hydrated and free from irritations.
• On the day of the procedure – the skin should be clean – do not use any moisturizers, creams or deodorants just before the visit. Hair should be shaved.
Each procedure performed in our salon is preceded with a short consultation, in order to exclude possible contraindications to perform the procedure
What are the contradictions to laser hair removal procedure?
Laser hair removal is performed in case of customers with dark hair – we do not perform this procedure on blond, red or grey hair, because laser hair removal technology is not effective with these kinds of hair.
Laser hair removal procedures should not be performed during pregnancy or breast-feeding period. Among contradictions we can also find skin conditions, such as psoriasis or vitiligo as well as neoplastic diseases.
Before choosing this treatment customers suffering from epilepsy should consult a physician, who will be able to assess whether laser hair removal is not a threat in this particular case.
Temporary contradiction is a therapy with photosensitive medications (i.e. retinoid) and using herbs i.e. calendula, St. John’s Wort or camomile. Fresh tan is a contradiction of the same type.
How long does one laser hair removal session take?
Depending on the size of the area from which the hair is removed – the procedure lasts from 5 minutes (in case of moustache or sideburns hair removal) to 90 minutes (in case of full body hair removal) First visit in our salon is prolonged by 15 minutes, which are used for preliminary survey allowing to asses presence of permanent contradictions.
Is a single session enough to obtain satisfying effect?
Single session allows to permanently remove about 15 – 30 % of hair – depending on how much hair is in growth phase (anagen) when the procedure is performed. 6 – 8 cycles should be performed at 6 weeks intervals in order to obtain the effect of reducing the amount of hair by 70-95%. This will allow the laser beam to act on bigger number of follicles in growth phase and permanently deprive them of the ability to produce new hair.
Does laser hair removal hurt?
In general, laser hair removal is painless, but it is not a pleasant procedure. The degree of discomfort experienced during laser hair removal depends on individual issues. During session when the parameters of the laser device are increased – discomfort increases. During the procedures in our salons, in order to ensure highest level of comfort we use cooling compresses, which reduce the feeling of discomfort to minimum.
What is the recommended aftercare following laser hair removal procedure?
After the procedure of laser hair removal, you should avoid sun exposure. You should use sunscreens with SPF50 filter on uncovered parts of the body.
For the period of 2 weeks following the procedure, it is best to avoid peelings and creams canting acids and A and C vitamins. For 3- 5 days it is worth to refrain from going to the swimming pool or sauna. You should not use deodorants and antiperspirants containing alcohol on the day of the procedure.
It is worth to keep the skin moisturized, by using fragrance-free moisturizers and creams. It is recommended to drink at least 2 litres of water per day, in order to moisturize the skin from the inside.
What kind of laser do you use in salons of Depilacja.pl?
We use Light Sheer series laser (Duet and Desire). Those lasers are produced by American company Lumenis, which is the world leader among producers of medical and cosmetic lasers. Those lasers are certified by American Food and Drug Administration and European ISO 9001. LightSheer laser use diode technology, based on state-of-the-art and most effective technology of permanent removal of excessive hair.
We provide answers to the questions posed by our clients in our beauty salons as well as online. We are available via chat and at a hotline – if you want us to contact you, leave your phone number. We will call you back!